[AccessD] Code Librarian /was Thanks

David McAFee (Home) dmcafee at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 31 13:02:01 CST 2003

Sounds like a great idea, however, what would we post, code and keywords? or
would there be some database passed around? IT seems as if most already put
"keeper" code in them as it is when they see useful code. Rather than
re-invent the wheel, I believe it is best to keep it as is and have a group
of people that update a master copy that is made available for download on
the accessD website. This way anyone who wants it can download it and use it
as is, through the native engine. The only trouble is, who will update it,
and who chooses what is good enough to put in the db? Some advance
programmers might think that something is not worthwhile to place in this
db, OTOH, what if it gets filled with useless stuff?

Will they be simply cutting and pasting code from their project that works,
using their variables and filed names:

    Me!lstCompaniesFound.RowSource = "EXEC stp_002A_CompanyNameSearch '" &
Me!txtCompanyNameEntry.Text & "'"

 or will the code be cleaned up as such:

    Me!YourListBoxNameHere.RowSource = "EXEC YourStoredProcedureNameHere '"
& Me!YourEntryTextBox.Text & "'"

Will we be asking for full commenting (No War and Peace) of code?

just a few thoughts,

David McAfee