[AccessD] Calling control (WAS How do I determine which form called?)

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 03:18:20 CDT 2003

This is interesting. I need to do something sort of similar... I have an
unbound text box on an unbound form which I want to use to display memo
fields that are too small to display all their data in the controls on my
main forms. To get the data out is easy - screen.activecontrol will do it.
But then if they amend the data I need to get the new string back into the
right control on the right form. Trouble is it could be up to 3 layers deep
on subforms and as far as I can tell, to get the data back in I need to
build a full reference to the calling control e.g.
Forms!frmLevel1!frmLevel2.form!frmLevel3.form!ctrlCalling

Does anyone have an idea of how I could do this when I don't know how many
forms are involved???

TIA

Roz