[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer]Copying a record VB6 & SQL Server 7.0

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Mon Jul 21 09:59:54 CDT 2003

To all,

we have a high turnover of staff, mainly because most are casual workers and don't want full-time employment.  When a member of staff leaves we issue them with a finish date.  However if they decide they want to come back we need to re-employ them with a new payroll number, I have a re-employ button that asks the user for the new payroll number...but here is where I need help : I then need to create an identical personnel record (66 fields to the one shown on screen) but with the new payroll number.

My front-end is Visual Basic 6 and my back-end is SQL Server 7.0.  I thought the easiest way would be to create an insert stored procedure with parameters and then execute it from VB, so I created the SP and ran it using Query Analyser (Worked Fine), I also added it to my dataenvironment as a command.  However when I type DEGenSQL.sp_Personnel_ReEmploy I get no option to enter any of the parameters and if I try RUN/Start With Full Compile I get the following error message :

Compile Error : Subscript Out Of Range

This makes me think there are too many parameters required.

Has anyone else come across this, or does anyone know of a better way to go about this.

Paul Hartland