[AccessD] OT: Word VBA - skip code?

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 08:21:08 CDT 2003

Hello everyone

Another nasty problem for you. :-)

I have been asked to insert an additional line into all our precedent
letters (there are a few thousand). So far so doody; I can find the right
insertion point and put the line in.

What's stopping me is that many of the precedent letters have code of their
own. Somewhere in the loop below, I need to prevent any code in the Open
event of the document from running.

If Application.FileSearch.Execute > 0 Then
 For i = 1 To Application.FileSearch.FoundFiles.Count
        strName = Application.FileSearch.FoundFiles(i)
        Set objDoc = wrdapp.Documents.Open(strName)
        If objDoc.ReadOnly = False Then
            Set myRange = objDoc.Content
            myRange.Find.Execute FindText:=strFindText, Forward:=True
            myRange.InsertAfter strTestText
        End If
        doc.Close
 Next i

The procedures I need to kaibosh all have the same name: Document_Open
(obviously), if that helps. How can I get my code to bypass those
procedures??

Yours hopefully

Roz