[AccessD] InputParameters on a report

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Wed Jul 23 08:56:54 CDT 2003

Hi All,

Access 2000 ADP FE & SQL Server 7.0 BE

I have created a stored procedure that I want to use as a record source for
a report.
The stored procedure has two input variables that I assigned default values
to so that I do not have to assign a value when the report opens if I do not
need to.

I have a form that has two DatePickers that I use for the two variables in
the stored procedure.

What I what to happen is if the form is open when the report opens, it
retrieves the values from the DatePickers and send them to the stored
procedure via the input parameters of the report. If the form is not open,
then the input parameters value stays blank and the default values in the
store procedure are used.

I tried leaving the input parameters value blank and the generating it in
the On Open event of the report, if needed, but it doesn't seem to work.
What I mean is that it seems to ignore the input parameters that are
generated in the On Open event.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe R.

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to TNCO, Inc. and
intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional, or other privileges. If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
disclose in any form, copy, or take any action in reliance on this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message. While TNCO, Inc.
uses virus protection, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. TNCO, Inc. accepts no liability for