[AccessD] A2K2: Basic Roll-Your-Own Security

Mitsules, Mark Mark.Mitsules at ngc.com
Thu Jul 24 13:09:18 CDT 2003

Group,

Until now, I have had no compelling reason to implement (read "learn about")
any level of security.  Stopping short of Access security, what are some of
the approaches people have used to limit access to objects, data, and/or
code?  For instance, I've experimented with using API calls to get the
UserName and comparing that against a hidden uSys table of "authorized
users", and it works...but how can I go about preventing a knowledgeable
user from locating the remote database (by reading the code) and editing the
remote table directly?  I'm guessing that it will have something to do with
developing an .mde...?  I'd welcome any input.

Mark