[AccessD] Two front end databases with one user interface?

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jul 1 12:27:12 CDT 2003

I do something kind of similar with an app. Its a PITA!

It entails using a login (which I have happen automatically based on the
windows login if it matches the staff table info). I then hold info in
variables about about what the person can see and if necessary how they see
it.

So for instance if the forms a person is allowed to see, based the
department they work for and their "security" (my built in security-not
access's) then they just don't get the icons for the other forms displayed.
When there is a choice of forms to use for the same info they get "their"
version of the form. How the position their forms is called everytime a form
opens and reset to the postion when it closes.

I store some of this info (personal choices for UI settings) in the registry
and other info (such as security-which is required in case they login into
someone elses PC) in the "staff" table.

BTW did I mention that its a PITA?

I suppose you could get it set up in a class framework but I haven't gone
there yet.
HTH
JB

PS: did I mention that its a PITA?