[AccessD] Send Email Automatically VB6

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jul 4 04:42:18 CDT 2003

Hi Paul

You can run your own mail engine except for those cases where the
client machine doesn't have a direct Internet access - could happen
for Lotus, GroupWise, and Exchange corporate users.

If direct access is available you can follow three routes:

  - command line utils like Postie, Blat, Sendmail etc.

  - dll libraries (which I use) like
      http://www.marshallsoft.com/see4vb.htm

  - components like Chilkat Mail:
      http://www.emailcomponent.com/ChilkatMail.asp