[AccessD] OT W2K Help!!!!!!

Bert-Jan Brinkhuis thevigil at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jul 8 04:11:02 CDT 2003

Andy,

just some suggestions:

- did you try loggin in as administrator?

Are you using any security policies? Is C formatted as NTFS? (i think so
when your dos boot disk doesn't see C:) We had soemthing of the same and the
users couldn't log in because they were not granted access to 'personal
settings' and thus could not log in..... And administrator could

- Is any of the data in the windows system folders? (Windows, Winnt, my
documents. My ...)?

Because if it isn't you might consider the reinstall.... i had a problem
reinstalling once, couldn't even startup the PC anymore. Someone asked me
the same and said if i reinstalled there might be the possiblilty windows
will instal over the same folders as it did before and the data might be
accessed after reinstalling. Since that was my only option (recovering the
data was far too expensive for a home pc) i tried it and all my data was
accessable...! No guarantee this will work for you aswell... ;-)

HTH

Bert-Jan