[AccessD] Replication - how can I tell if indirect occurring

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Mon Jul 14 10:47:23 CDT 2003

I'm not sure why you would want to set up indirect replication, since direct
works. But you can change this by running Replication Manager and on the
Tools menu select Configure Replication Manager. Follow the steps.

Next question: why are you running two synchronizers? Only one is required
in your scenario. It doesn't matter which machine it's on.

Third question: where is your design master? Normally, the way you set it
all up is this:

1. Design master on your machine.
2. Synchronizer on any server visible to all your replicas.
3. RM set for direct replication, but not including your design master.
(i.e. the design master is an unmanaged replica.)
4. Set the synchronization schedule to whatever interval suits your
requirements.
5. Make any changes you want on the design master, including adding or
changing tables, etc.
6. After testing new code and features, etc. manually synchronize the design
master with any of the replicas. The synchronizer will propagate the changes
to all the replicas on the next interval.

Hth,
Arthur