[AccessD] Using Excel from Access

Bob Heygood bheygood at abestsystems.com
Mon Jul 14 21:07:42 CDT 2003

Hey to the group,

I am working with a new client. they asked me to provide a front end to some
Excel sheets. I told them it should not be too difficult. Of course I asked
them why the whole project could not be moved to Access and was told "the
CFO is very comfortable w/Excel", a common response according to discussions
at our local Access group breakfasts. They did agree that once I completed
the project, they would not change anything in the sheets (oh yeah!).
Well most of it is just a matter of linking to the sheet and treating like a
table. But one of the tasks is to recreate a viewable/printable version of
one of the sheets and not let the user see the calcs behind any of the
cells.

Now for the question:
Can I get a hold of the calculation/formula behind a given cell in a sheet
thru automation?

Once that is accomplished, I think I can supply a solution for them.

TIA,

Bob Heygood