[AccessD] ValidationRule+

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Jul 16 15:00:09 CDT 2003

Mark,

When I edit all the fields in the OnClose event, I have code to edit for
all the Business Rules.  The Validation Rules are a subset of the
Business Rules.  Once a record passes all the edits, all the validation
rules established for the fields have already been satisfied.  I do not
try to call the field validation properties during the editing process
since I use validation rules on table fields only as a precaution
against somebody getting direct access to the tables and trying to enter
dirty data.  In a nutshell, the validation rules that are on the fields
at the table level are duplicates of part of the business rules I check
in code.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division