[AccessD] OT: email

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Jul 16 17:07:28 CDT 2003

On 16 Jul 2003 at 17:10, jcolby at colbyconsulting.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if email can come from a url that will not display in i.e?
> IOW, if can I get email from Somebody at mx5.1premio.com if when I put
> www.mx5.1premio.com I cannot display a page?
>
> On the face of it I would think that is possible.  A person could set up a
> web address just to send spam and have no valid web page served up for the
> url.

There are a whole stack of domains that do not have a presence on the
World Wide Web. Many of my clients use email and have registered
their own domain name for that purpose but have no desire/need for a
web site.

Having said that, it is irrelevant in this case. I would be very
surprised if mx5.1premio.com points to a web site. The "mx5" prefix
tells me it is the name of  one  of a number of mail servers used the
organisation (see RFC1035).  It is very unlikely that it will  also
host  a web server.

A whois on 1premio.com says that this domain is registerd to
FreeYankee Inc of Cedar Hills, UT

http:// www.1premio.com resolves to 166.70.149.2

--
Lexacorp Ltd