[AccessD] Broken References in Runtime AXP

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Jul 17 19:38:51 CDT 2003

Well, I'm now officially round the bend.  I just sat here and kept
seeing the idiot thing report that it found the broken reference in the
right location, which is where the file *is* but not where the reference
actually pointed.  The FullPath property of the reference returned the
right location instead of the broken one!  Then I watched the referenced
library pop up in the project explorer even though it wasn't there when
I opened the project!  I'm just going off to sit in the corner and
gibber.

I'm running Windows XP and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
I've also seen it report a broken reference and say it fixed it in
runtime and have the app appear to run OK but then when I opened it
normally and held down the shift key, the reference was broken.  Usually
if it's broken it stays broken ... But not always!  Aaarrrgggghhhh!!!

Charlotte Foust