[AccessD] Beep Doesn't Work on Client Machine

Jim Dettman jimdettman at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 10:48:44 CDT 2003

Rocky,

  Norton Anit-virus deletes the "Default Sound" in the windows registry. See
MSKB article Q300406 for the registry settings needed to re-enable it.  Note
that this is for Win9x.  There are versions for W2k and XP as well.   Once
the entry is back in, you need to apply a sound to the event via control
panel/sounds.

  For a check quick to see if this is the problem, open control panel.
Double click sound.  "Default Sound" will be missing from the list of
events.

Jim Dettman
President,
Online Computer Services of WNY, Inc.