[AccessD] database locked by user admin at machine " " error

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Jul 23 06:05:38 CDT 2003

I run into this same problem. I have a database in 97 & if I make any
changes & compile, when someone tries to open it using 2k they receive the
message about "locked by..." then I get calls "can't more than one person
use the database at a time?" It also happens on databases created in 2K. I
have never been able to figure out why. Once the current user closes the
database & the other person opens it, they don't get the message again
unless I make changes & compile again.

If anyone finds an answer to this I would appreciate it too.

Virginia