[AccessD] creating an inputbox form

David McAfee DMcAfee at haascnc.com
Wed Jul 23 14:38:51 CDT 2003

Don, couldn't you just make a function such as (OTTOMH):

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Public MyInput As String

Public Function DonsInputBox(Optional Prompt As String, Optional Title As
String) As String 'I omitted xpos,  ypos,  help file and context for
simplicity
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmInputBox", , , , , acDialog, "Prompt|Title"
If Nz(MyInput, "") <> "" Then DonsInputBox = MyInput
End Function

The form would have the following code:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit
Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
        DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name, acSavePrompt
End Sub
Private Sub cmdOK_Click()
MyInput = Me.txtinput
Call cmdCancel_Click
End Sub
Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    If KeyCode = 27 Then
        Call cmdCancel_Click
    End If
End Sub