[AccessD] Tooo funny Help has a sense of the ironic

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 15:11:26 CDT 2003

Just try..

Format(DateAdd("m", 1, Date), "mmmm") without the Datepart.

Don Elliker <delliker at hotmail.com> wrote:
Oh and BTW How does dateadd work?
Format(DatePart("m",DateAdd('m',1,Date())),"mmmm")
this is returning January and I expect August

"Things are only free to the extent that you don't pay for them".-Don
Elliker

>From: "Don Elliker"
>To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
>Subject: [AccessD] Tooo funny Help has a sense of the ironic
>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:47:54 -0400
>

>I got really ticked at the stupid 'no help' in A2K and I asked my question
>in a rather rude fashion (as in "How the F##K does dateadd work") because I
>forget from time to time -anyway....one of the subjects that came back was
>"How to speak to a computer"
>
>Laughed out loud
>_d
>"Things are only free to the extent that you don't pay for them".-Don
>Elliker
>

>>From: Jim Hewson
>>To: "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
>>
>>Subject: RE: [AccessD] Requery Control and move to another - Solved
>>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:46:48 -0500
>>
>>Required only three lines...
>>Once the ComboBox (column 1 of the ListBox) is changed, I refreshed
>>Subform1,
>>requeried the ListBox, then set focus to destination field.
>>
>>Me.Refresh 'the ComboBox is column(1) of the ListBox
>>Forms("frmMain")("ListBox").Requery
>>subform2.setfocus 'destination field is first field in subform
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jim

Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us