[AccessD] no-ip.com

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Sat Jul 26 17:01:56 CDT 2003

John
Placing a computer in the DMZ does mean that you fully or partialy
bypass the firewall (depends on the router/configuration).
Make sure that you windows update your pc weekly... And try to be sure
that you only open the ports you need (80 for http).

My server (fixed IP) gets about 500 (serious and non-serious) attempts
per hour to infect/hack.
A server, with no updates, that you put on-line will be infected/hacked
within 10 minutes...

I see this every time I put a server on-line (attempts of course)...

I recently read that 90% of hacks are beeing done after MS release a
security fix.
It's like showing the way.

Erwin