[AccessD] no-ip.com

jcolby at colbyconsulting.com jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jul 28 10:35:16 CDT 2003

Actually, D4 grabs three different sources from a list of dozens, then
decides which to use somehow.  The documentation claims that the time will
typically be within a few hundred milliseconds of an atomic clock out of
Washington which is used as the "standard" for many of these other sites.
You can set D4 to either pick up the time once when the computer boots, then
close, or to stay open and pick up the time every XX time units which you
decide.  Pretty flexible.

I normally set my workstations to just do it once then close, on the theory
that I end up rebooting the workstation at least every few weeks just for
windows updates and stuff.  The drift over a few weeks is normally only a
second or two.  For the server I'll probably just leave D4 up and checking
the time once a day or so.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com