[AccessD] HTML Email from Access

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Jul 30 09:29:19 CDT 2003

Andy,

Another option is to use XML.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency
1701 N. Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701-1494
512-463-9493
CWortz at tea.state.tx.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Arthur Fuller [mailto:artful at rogers.com]
Sent: Wednesday 2003 Jul 30 09:21
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: RE: [AccessD] HTML Email from Access

I can answer one part of your question (not the email HTML part). A very
simple way to mix static text and variables is to create the text with
markers, such as the following:

Dear \\FirstName\\,
Thank you for purchasing a \\ProductName\\. We appreciate your
\\ProductPrice\\.

Assign the text to a variable, then execute a series of Replace()
function calls, one for each marker.

As to the other part, how to write the message itself as HTML, I'm eager
for the answer too. What really baffles me is how to include pictures
etc. instead of references to files on a particular hard disk, which may
not be accessible from the outside world.

Arthur