[AccessD] Tilde Sort at the top

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Wed Jul 30 13:04:41 CDT 2003

Rocky,
How about just specifying the special condition in your order by criteria?

For example:
SELECT Customer.CustomerName
FROM Customer
ORDER BY (Customer.Status = "Active"),
Customer.CustomerName.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software [mailto:bchacc at san.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 12:57 PM
To: AccessD at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Tilde Sort at the top

Dear List:

I need a special character to sort the contents of a combo box so that items
with the special character sort at the bottom of the list.  (The items come
from a table).  So I tried using a tilde ~ because its ASCII value is 126,
greater than any number or upper or lower case letter.  But it sorts to the
top of the list.

Is there a simple explanation and/or workaround?

Much thanks in advance and regards,

is

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.