[AccessD] Tilde Sort at the top

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Thu Jul 31 02:21:49 CDT 2003

Hello Rocky,

I have just thought about it and without getting complicated and using two columns in the recordsource to specify the sort order I cannot see a simple way to get tilde to go to the top of your ascending list.

I presume that you are concatenating on the tilde as in

Mark Breen
John Colby
~Rocky Smolin

Could you just replace the tilde with Z~ or if your really need it, ZZ~

If they are at the bottom and out of alphabetic order anyway, I guess that they are some sort miscellaneous items, perhaps the Z will not matter.  If you need to later display the names you could use a Right(fieldname, 2)

I know that I am teaching my granny to suck eggs, but just in case.

Otherwise, hello to you,

Mark