[AccessD] corrupted database

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 2 09:06:52 CDT 2003

As we all know, there is an issue where having A2K and AXP installed on the
computer at the same time, then using A2K can, in some instances, corrupt
the database.  It has to do with a VBA.dll being installed by AXP that is
not correct for A2K's use.

It was my understanding (based on messages from list members) that if you
had the latest service packs applied to AXP, the problem went away.  AFAIK I
have the latest SP applied to officeXP (SP2.X).  Today I was operating in
A2K and tried to import forms from another database and got the corruption.
It hosed the db.  I was able to get where I needed to go by:

Deleting the imported forms / reports from the corrupted db.
Creating a new database using AXP
Using XP, importing all the objects from the corrupted database.
Using XP, importing the forms from the second db that caused the corruption
when imported using A2K

So... is the bug still there?  I have to assume it is!

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com