[AccessD] Vacancy - Manchester (UK)

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 05:19:46 CDT 2003

As many of you are aware, I am trying to recruit someone to join my team of
software tweakers. We have been struggling to find anyone suitable so I
thought I'd see if any of you might be interested, or know anyone else who
would.

The firm is a solicitor's practise based in central Manchester -
www.donnslaw.co.uk <www.donnslaw.co.uk>  The role is quite varied. My team
maintains and augments the large 3rd party database applications which
basically run the firm, particularly the Case Management system and a call
centre system. These systems have their own development environments which
we do not expect to find anyone experienced in. In addition to developing
within these systems, the team manages a SQL Server 7 database which
provides data to the firm's website (e-file-access) and data warehousing for
reports. We provide all the company's MIS using Access and whatever else
comes to hand. We develop Access databases to provide additional
functionality, for example we have recently rolled out an HR database and
are currently working on a call logging database for the IT Support desk. We
also develop & maintain the company Intranet, currently in php but we're
flexible on that. A lot of our ad-hoc work involves Office integration,
working with Word, Excel and Outlook. We also use VB to write mini-apps to
assist the network manager, e.g. macros for printing.

We can offer in the region of £22k p.a. to someone with relevant commercial
experience + a degree, or equivalent comm. exp.

If you would like the full details please contact me offline.

Roz