[AccessD] A2K: Query parameters disappear in break mode

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Tue Jun 10 16:12:00 CDT 2003

My colleague ran across a strange problem in Access 2000, and I can't seem
to find anything on any of the reference sites that mention this behavior:

Created an append query that references form controls as it's criteria
(start/end dates).
Set a breakpoint in the command button event procedure.
With the code in break mode, he tried opening the query manually, and no
records were returned.
After a little troubleshooting, we found that the referenced form control
values disappear in the query if the form's code is in break mode!

What a PITA!  Has anyone else run across this problem?

Brett Barabash, MCP
Tappe Construction, Co.
Eagan, MN
bbarabash at tappeconstruction.com
(651) 256-6831

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo,
Inc., 1989.

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Tappe Construction Co.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.