[AccessD] Help with Mah Arithmetic

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Wed Jun 11 17:17:29 CDT 2003

I've been staring at the following code and toying with this and that and
now I'm so punchy I really need a fresh set of eyes.

Scenario:

- a listbox with extended select, pk in column(0)
- a proc that works, called from the loop presented below
- said listbox has headings ON

<code>
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
' Procedure : Send_Text_Confirmations
' DateTime  : 6/11/2003 14:50
' Author    : Arthur Fuller
' Purpose   : Send confirmations not using Snapshot files, send generated
text instead
'           : This code sends text email messages constaining the same data
as the snapshot
'           : We use the report's data source directly to retrieve the
information we need.
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
'
Private Sub Send_Text_Confirmations()
  Dim ctl As Control
  Dim intPhysicalRow As Integer, intCurrentRow As Integer
  Dim strWhere As String
  Dim strReportName As String
  Dim lng_PK_Of_Interest As Long

  With Me
    Set ctl = .Item_Selector_listbox
    With ctl
    'column headings seem to screw this code up but I can't figure out how
    'to account for them
      For intPhysicalRow = 0 To .ItemsSelected.Count - 1
        intCurrentRow = ctl.ItemsSelected(intPhysicalRow)
        If intPhysicalRow > 0 Then
          lng_PK_Of_Interest = ctl.Column(0, intCurrentRow)
          Debug.Print "Creating mail for Practicum Placement #: " &
lng_PK_Of_Interest
          Send_Text_PMail lng_PK_Of_Interest
        End If
    End With
    MsgBox "Emails sent for " & ctl.ItemsSelected.Count & " Practica",
vbInformation, "Task Complete"
  End With

  On Error GoTo 0
  Exit Sub

Send_Text_Confirmations_Error:

  MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & vbCrLf & _
           Err.Description & vbCrLf & _
           "in procedure Send_Text_Confirmations of VBA Document
Form_frm_Practica_Email_Select", _
           vbCritical, _
           "Program Error"
End Sub
</code

The line
	Send_Text_PMail lng_PK_Of_Interest

Works and is not of interest. Just assume that whatever it does, it works.
The problem is in the arithmetic and I cannot see it.

Well, ok, I'm old, and entitled to more senior moments than you :-)

Symptoms:
Select 3 items. It does 2. Select 1. It does none. Select All and it works.
Headings off and on affect the results. I want the code to interrogate
HeadingsOn but can't seem to find the attribute.

Revisions invited!

Arthur