[AccessD] Sending raw HTML to a browser control

Bruce Bruen bbruen at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 15 23:39:15 CDT 2003

Hi List,

More from the HTML front....

Does anyone know how to send raw HTML, held in a form recordset field to
a browser control embedded in the form.  That is, for those following
this saga, the yewser has downloaded the page and saved the HTML in the
table.  Now when they open the form with the browser control, they want
the stored page to be displayed (grrrrr!).  (Why, because the actual web
pages are updated daily and they want to be able to refer to the pricing
page that was active when they made the decision. i.e. the page that we
have now stored for them.)

I have tried MSDN, the web in general, and several books.  All of which
superbly (now that I understand it thanks to list members) explain how
to Navigate to a web page, but none explain what to do with the HRML if
you've already got it.

If all else fails I will write the damn thing out to a file and load it
using Navigate "file://..." but I dislike the inelegancy of that
approach - and the level of housekeeping that will be necessary.

Any ideas?

Tia
Bruce