[AccessD] Copy and paste from clipboard

Mark Boyd MarkBoyd at McBeeAssociates.com
Fri Jun 20 16:03:53 CDT 2003

This may seem like a strange request, but I've been asked by my boss to
check with this list.

She has a process that exports a 1-record table to a text file.  This
text file is then imported into a client's billing system.

Currently, she is using 'DoCmd.TransferText, acExportDelim ...' to
create the text file.  The problem comes about when the other system
tries to read the text file.  It kicks back an error stating that it
can't find the end-of-file.

Although, when she simply copies the text from the table, then pastes it
into a text file, the client's system imports it without a problem.

Is there a way (in code) to copy the data from the table to the
clipboard, then paste it from the clipboard to a text file?

I think I've seen this before, but am not sure.

TIA,

Mark Boyd

Sr. Systems Analyst

McBee Associates, Inc.