[AccessD] OT: Compaq Evo Internal Speaker

Lavsa, Rich Rich_Lavsa at pghcorning.com
Tue Jun 24 09:30:27 CDT 2003

Hello all,

Sorry about the OT but I'm running out of places to turn.

I have Compaq Evo 1.5mhz computer at work running Win 2k.

The company got involved in online training that has sound incorporated,
however do not want to bother any surrounding patrons, so I figure I'd plug
my headphones into the Headphone jack in the front, and turn the speaker off
so that no one could hear and I could turn it up a little.

Well Guess What.. you can't turn the freegin internal speaker off, its
always on.. at least I can't find it.. I am hoping someone out there has an
EVO and could tell me if there is a way to turn this internal speaker off. I
even opened the case, you can't even unplug the stupid thing. YET another
reason to hate Compaq in my book..

thanks,

Rich