[AccessD] Windows Server 2003 Book MSPress Canada Only

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 2 16:22:29 CDT 2003

Guess you are stuck with
http:\\www.microsoft.com\australia

 But here is a neat little gem from Win 2003 documents.

Host: Brian (Microsoft)

Q: when / will there be the next version of IE?

A: As part of the OS, IE will continue to evolve, but there will be no
future standalone installations. IE6 SP1 is the final standalone
installation.

Host: Brian (Microsoft)
Q: Why is this? the anti-trust? (no further standalone)

A: Although this is off topic, I will answer briefly: Legacy OSes have
reached their zenith with the addition of IE 6 SP1. Further improvements
to IE will require enhancements to the underlying OS.

Changes in Internet Explorer for Windows Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itcommunity/chats/trans/ie/ie0507.asp