[AccessD] Update Query - Need to Speed It Up

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 2 18:03:15 CDT 2003

Rocky,

Part of the problem is that the fields are indexed.  Using the indexes to
select only the fields that need updating is appropriate of course if it's
not all the records that need updating.  The other option is to delete the
index, update, then rebuild the index.  Apparently after each update (each
record) Access foes in and adjusts the index.  Removing the index entirely,
doing the updates, then rebuilding the index from scratch is SUPPOSED to be
faster.  never actually tried it tho.
John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com