[AccessD] relations in which database

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Jun 4 10:27:21 CDT 2003

Relationships do not have to reside in the BE.  However, you can only
enforce referential integrity between tables in the same database unless
you want to do a lot of coding to create the Access/Jet equivalent of
triggers.  The best arguments for putting relationships in the back end
is 1) You can create any kind of temporary relationship you want in the
front end on the fly as you need it.  They don't have to be stored
there, and 2) If you front end becomes toast, you still have the
relationships in the back end where they belong.

Charlotte Foust