[AccessD] Hyperlinks in SQL Server (cross-posted)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jun 5 07:18:50 CDT 2003

On 5 Jun 2003 at 11:13, Roz Clarke wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Due to difficulties with locking and corruption running Access databases on
> Terminal Server, and problems with co-ordinating maintenance, we have
> decided to upsize all tables from our Access databases that are used to
> share data between different applications onto SQL Server.
>
> Loss of support for hyperlinks is causing users a good deal of distress - we
> store a lot of links to useful resources and also track pages on our
> intranet using a database. I can't find anything on MSDN offering any
> workarounds for this. Can anybody help? Should I just go back to storing
> everything in Access & SQL Server be d at mned??

What's your front end?  An Access hyperlink is just a text field with
the various part separates by "#"s (ie "Display
text#http://myurl.com/index.htm#/Screen Tip". The only thing that
makes it an active link in an Access Form or Report is the property
setting of the display control.  You can use any SQL text field type
field to store the same info. (I've got several hyperlinks stored in
SQl nvarchars and they work fine through an Access front end)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg