[AccessD] A2K: HT Set Focus...nowhere?

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Thu Jun 5 18:35:42 CDT 2003

Hi Guys
As a matter of course I put in an unbound text control and call it 'TabBlank' in all my forms
Just as Henry pointed out, it does nothing and when it suits me, from time to time I set the
focus back to that control.
Also it stops the first control, usually First Name or something similar, having its contents removed.
I had an app once where the PC had a screen saver. To bring the machine out of the screen saver the
users would usually press the space bar. If (behind the screen saver and thus not seen)
an important control like someone's first name or last name had the focus then pushing the space
bar simply deleted the data in that control.
Of course my app was being blamed for the lost first and last names.
So every form - especially continuous forms - I put in a TabBlank control.

Always set its tab position to 0 and answer yes to TabStop

HTH

Darren