[AccessD] Record Locking Strategy or Error Trapping

ACTEBS actebs at actebs.com.au
Thu Jun 5 20:09:30 CDT 2003

Gustav,

Good idea I'll give that a go...

Vlad

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, 6 June 2003 3:16 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Record Locking Strategy or Error Trapping

Hi Vlad

You could create a new confirmation table with a one-to-one relation to
tblOrderHeader and with one field only: the foreign key to the ID of
tblOrderHeader.

When the schedulers despatch the order add a record with the order key
to the confirmation table.

To select confirmed orders, use a query with an inner join to the
confirmation table. To select non-confirmed orders, use a query with an
outer join to the confirmation table where the ID of this is Null. The
field Scheduled may be removed from tblOrderHeader.

/gustav