[AccessD] No Exclusive Access to Make Changes

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Fri Jun 6 06:21:21 CDT 2003

Hi Vlad,

We saw something like this at our college, using A2K on our network.  If
a student created a database and stored it in his network folder, the
next time he opened that database he would not have exclusive rights to
it - he might be completely unable to make changes, or he might get the
message you got that his changes might not get saved.  If the student
used the Open button in the Open Database dialog box, and selected Open
Exclusive, the problem went away.  The students got very frustrated with
this because they were accustomed to just double-clicking open their
databases.  This problem has not continued since we switched to AXP.

FWIW,
Tina