[AccessD] Fast back-end relinking?

Mark L. Breen subs at solution-providers.ie
Fri Jun 6 05:19:00 CDT 2003

Hello Christopher,

Are you using Win2K or Xp at all in the loop.

I have an issue recently with Access, on an NT box it performed perfectly
with a BE, but when I moved it onto W2K, it slowed right down.  I found the
issue on the knowledge base and it is acknowledged by MS, however they do
not offer a patch.  This only solution they hint at is to programaticaly
open the remote db and access the tables directly rather than using linked
tables at all.

I though that was not a very satisfactory solution and I had no idea how
long it would take to change the entire app.

What I did was to import the BE tables back into the FE and once I no longer
had to talk to a BE, I was OK,

If this is not your case, sorry,

Mark