[AccessD] Query Problem

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jun 7 09:53:12 CDT 2003

Hi Tim

>> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?  When I run
>> this as a stand alone query, it runs fine but when its in
>> the form as code, I get the error message
>> "Run-time error 3061 Too few parameters. Expected 1"
>>
>> sqlWSName = "SELECT DISTINCT qryInvItemWrkSht.worksheet, " _
>>     & "qryInvItemWrkSht.worksheet_desc " _
>>     & "FROM qryWrkSht INNER JOIN qryInvItemWrkSht " _
>>     & "ON qryWrkSht.[Item Number] = qryInvItemWrkSht.Item;"
>> Set rstWSName = CurDb.OpenRecordset(sqlWSName)

Probably, in one of the queries you select from, there is a reference
to a form, like [Forms].[frmForm].[txtControl].
Avoid this or - if that's not possible - use Eval to set the value of
the parameter:

  Set qry = CurDb.QueryDefs()
  qry.SQL = sqlWSName
  qry.Parameters(0).Value = Eval(qry.Parameters(0).Name)
  Set rstWSName = qry.OpenRecordset(sqlWSName)

You may need to spell out the parameter explicitly.
Like this example:

  sqlWSName = "PARAMETERS [Forms].[frmForm].[txtControl] Short; " _
      & "SELECT DISTINCT qryInvItemWrkSht.worksheet, " _

/gustav