[AccessD] AXP Question

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Mon Jun 9 06:23:48 CDT 2003

Here's another question.  If someone makes changes to their frontend - adding some queries and reports - what happens when they update to the lates FE version - do they lose their queries, etc.?

Thanks to everyone for their responses - I want to change to the  local FE, but this is a concern.

>>> dwaters at usinternet.com 06/06/03 07:58PM >>>
Terri,

Based on experience I can recommend a free utility (Auto FE Updater) which
can be downloaded from this web site.

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/autofe.htm

You can use this to both initially distribute a FE to user's PCs, and to
update each FE after you have made changes to the FE.  The updating
operation is mostly transparent to the user, and they don't need to take any
action.

For the initial loading of the FE at user's PCs, send all the users an email
with the shortcut (described in the documentation) as an attachment.
Instruct the user in the email to copy the attachment to their PC, then
double-click the shortcut.  From that point on, the users double-click the
same shortcut to open the current FE or to download an updated FE.

Good Luck!
Dan Waters