[AccessD] (OT) Interview Questions

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Mon Jun 9 16:58:49 CDT 2003

Ask Roz Clarke [roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk] to send you her "Technical test for developers". On Tues May 13 she said:
"I've put together a wee test to give people I'm interviewing for a position as a systems developer later in the week.
Not having done this before, I'd be interested in getting some input from y'all. This is pitched at people with about 5 years experience, who will be expected to do a lot of work in Access (but nothing very taxing), some light (but important) SQL Server dev & admin, a fair amount of Office integration and ideally will know enough VB to show me a thing or 2.
It should take about half an hour (I think it's probably too long at the moment). I'm more interested in intelligent & practical thinking than 100% correct answers (I'll be going through the interviewees' answers with them at length). If you'd be willing to road test it for me let me know and I'll mail you the word doc."

I got a copy and it's way over my head, but should be of help to you.

--
Kathryn Bassett (Pasadena CA)
http://www.databaseadvisors.com