[AccessD] Error on Next Record

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Tue Jun 10 10:15:56 CDT 2003

Could you add some code like the following:

dim rst as recordset

if rst.bof then
        'Disable previous control
Elseif rst.eof then
        'Disable next control
end if

Just a quick idea, and maybe a jumping off point.

"Gowey Mike W" <Mike.W.Gowey at doc.state.or.us>
Sent by: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
06/10/2003 10:01 AM
Please respond to accessd

        To:     accessd at databaseadvisors.com
        cc:
        Subject:        [AccessD] Error on Next Record

Hello Everyone,

Does someone possibly know how I can get rid of the following runtime
error?

Runtime error '2105
You can't go to the specified record.

I have a form that I use a query to extract certain information from a
Linked Oracle table.  I have buttons on the form for the user to go to
next and previous records.  When ever they reach the first record and
press the previous button again this error comes up and if they reach
the last record and press the next button again the error also comes up.

Is there anyway to make this error not show and just stay on the current
record??  I don't want the user to have to answer the question to be
able to continue.

Mike Gowey, MCP
Technical Support Analyst
SRCI ISSD Team Leader