[AccessD] Displaying web page in a form

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jun 11 05:37:04 CDT 2003

Hi Bruce

>From IMATips 2000-07-25:

---
Avoid errors with the browser control in Access forms (97)

If you've ever tried to use the Microsoft Web Browser control in an
Access 97 form, you may have been greeted with the error messsage
"There is no object in this control," when you tried to view the form.
This is because Access 97 isn't compatible with an updated DLL that was
introduced with IE 4.0.  Fortunately, the problem is easy to fix.  Once
you draw your browser control on the form, select it and press [Ctrl]X
to cut it. Then, immediately press [Ctrl]V to paste it back on the form.
Reposition the browser and you'll find that you can now open the form
without any errors. Don't ask us why, but this works!
---

And David SDC (<info at sdconsult.com.au>) 2002-10-11:

---
I solved this problem some years ago and gave it to Ken Getz who
included it in Access Adviser magazine. The trick is to add the browser
object to your form, then drag it to the required size. Having sized it
right, now copy it to the clipboard (control X) and then paste it back
to your form (Control V). It will now keep its size. You can only do
this once. To set to a different size, start from scratch by pasting a
new control. I discovered this approach by accident, but think it is to
do with getting two independent programs (Access and Active X) to agree
on a setting at the same time. It works with other active X objects
also.
---

/gustav