[AccessD] Displaying web page in a form

Bruce Bruen bbruen at bigpond.com
Wed Jun 11 07:56:14 CDT 2003

Shamil, Gustav, Darren and Jim (and all youse uzzer guys!)

Thanks for the info.  I had come up with Shamil's idea of forcing the
object as per my out-of-line message.  It's interesting to note that
once I did force it that way, I added a second command button using the
raw navigate on the control - and it works! Go figure????? :-}

I am using the control in AXP on XP/SP1 (IE 6.0.28.. Shdocvw.dll ver
6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920))- so the cut paste method wasn't
necessary, but I guess all the gliches are still not out.  Its an
interesting beast - given that shdocvw, from my reading, is the IE
"engine" that lets you have office apps inside IE... And it works the
other way around as well.  Its also very powerful, almost...  I cant
imagine a need for a MyComputer explorer inside an app, but there it is
and it works, almost... I can see it could be possible to use
.URLLocation, .document and the beforeNavigate events to do some fancy
footwork.

So, having given them (the yewsers) the tool to automatically grab html
pages, parse them and present the info in Access forms, and now given
them the view of the original page (on demand) where the data came from,
I wonder what the buggers will want next!

Thanks again.
Bruce