[AccessD] Database in Use

Wortz, Charles CWortz at tea.state.tx.us
Wed Jun 11 08:40:26 CDT 2003

Teri,

Does the .ldb exist?  If it does, then one of the users probably made an
abnormal exit that does not delete them from the .ldb and thus Access
still thinks it is in use.  When this happens I find either of these two
methods usually work.  Delete the .ldb file directly.  Or open the
Access app and close it.  But if the .mdb has been corrupted, then
neither of these methods may work.

Charles Wortz
Software Development Division
Texas Education Agency