[AccessD] Gather Information from Website

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Wed Jun 11 08:55:28 CDT 2003

Rich,

Yes, this can be done - I did that for a customer to collect the info they
are interested in and AFAIK it works now for several years without problems.
It's better - more reliable and controllable - to use XMLHTTP from
MSXMLx.dll (x>=3) to get web pages.

In general your task is one of the tasks what web services should be used
for - I mean the sources of information in the (near?) future will publish
their data as web services not only as web pages - then the task to collect
this info will be a childish game - and coming version(s) of MS Office will
be tuned to work natively with such Web-services... Well, they will probably
charge something to get access to such web services...

HTH,
Shamil