[AccessD] Eliminating duplicate rows

Jim Lawrence (AccessD) accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 12 21:28:31 CDT 2003

Hi Bruce:

You could use something like this:

select distinctrow first([Myfield1]) AS [Myfield1 Field],
                   first([Myfield2]) AS [Myfield2 Field],
                   count([Myfield1]) AS NumberOfDuplicates
              from MyTable
          group by Myfield1, Myfield2
having count([Myfield1]) > 1
   and count([Myfield2]) > 1

This will at least expose your duplicates. Note the use of Access's First
function to set the table position to the first match.

HTH
Jim