[AccessD] Text Field Sort Order 1.1 - 10 - 2 into 1.1 - 2 - 1 0

Steve Goodhall sgoodhall at comcast.net
Mon Jun 16 22:26:16 CDT 2003

Those who suggest making it numeric or using the val() function have not
given thought to the values like "3.1.1".  I would write a function that
pads everything to a fixed length per level so that "3.1.1" became
"03.01.01" or "003.001.002" and "1.1" would become "001.001.000", etc.  Then
write a query using the function and order on the function value.

Regards,

Steve Goodhall