[AccessD] OT PDAs

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Jun 17 15:26:04 CDT 2003

Actually, AppForge let's you use Access databases....sort of.  You have to
convert them into .pdb's (the palm's db format), but you can setup HotSync
conduits with an ODBC connection to sync a .pdb to a table within an .mdb.

I have an older version of appforge, which is kind of limited it what it can
do.  (No collections, or classes, etc.).  It runs in VB, so you make a VB
project, and then you can compile it to a palm prc file.  Works great, but
the version I have is really limited as far as actual VB capabilities.  The
current version looks like you can do almost anything you can do in a normal
VB 6 project (classes, collections, events, etc).  But it's a little pricey
(I think it's around 8 or 9 hundred dollars).

Drew