[AccessD] Outlook / Access Email Security (was OT: Programming in Outlook)

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Jun 18 09:13:38 CDT 2003

I just looked at the Security dialog box in Outlook for the first time, and
read the Help info that went along with it.  (Outlook XP)

The Help info says this:

	A warning is displayed whenever a VBA project from a source that is
 	not on your list of trusted sources is loaded. [under Medium
setting]

And this:

	This tab [Trusted Sources] lists the currently trusted certificates
	that can be used by
	developers to sign documents and add-ins. When you open a digitally
	signed document, the digital signature appears on your computer as a
	certificate. The certificate names the VBA project's source, plus
	additional information about the identity and integrity of that
	source.

This sounds as though I could create a digital signature for a specific
Access application, which, when combined with a security setting of Medium
or High in Outlook, would prevent the annoying 'are you sure' message box
that displays when Access is trying to send a non-displayed message through
Outlook.  If so, that would be wonderful!

Does anyone know how to go about creating such a digital signature for an
Access application?

Thanks,
Dan Waters